Local Number Portability (LNP) or Porting allows you to move (port) your Land Line Phone Number between providers without losing the number which you may have had for years. Summit can assist you to port your number away from Telstra, Optus, Primus, Commander, MyNetFone, AAPT and many other providers.
As we move towards the end of the Telstra Copper Fixed Line Network, Summit is helping Businesses port numbers from PSTN and ISDN services connected to traditional Telephone Systems such as Avaya, Nortel, LG Aria, Siemens, Mitel, Commander, IPEX and NEC to a modern Hosted PBX on our FlexPBX platform or SIP Trunk.
By porting your phone number to a Hosted PBX, not only are you able to keep your phone number, but you’ll gain access to great PBX Features.
- Ring Groups – All users in a department or team to a group and have a group phone number.
- Caller ID – Know who’s calling you. Improves customer experience and super handy if you miss a call!
- IVR or Menus – Ability to have professional voice overs and menu systems “Press 1 for Sales, 2 for accounts” etc.
- Custom Hold Music – Let your customers know about your products and services when you place them on hold.
- Open / Closed Hours – Set automatic rules for Open and Closed hours so that your calls route based on time of day.
- Find Me / Follow Me – Have your calls follow you to a number or devices or forward your calls to a mobile phone.
These are just some of the great features you’ll get access to when you port your number to FlexPBX.
If you’d like to continue to use your existing phone system but take advantage of what Summit SIP Trunks can offer you, we’re able to assist you to port your number to a SIP Trunk which can plug in to your PSTN or ISDN enabled phone system.
We’d love to show you how FlexPBX can work in your business. To arrange an obligation free demonstration give our Sales Team a call on 1300 049 749.