What is a 1300 number?
1300 numbers are ‘virtual’ telephone numbers used to receive incoming phone calls.
1300 numbers can land on a land line, mobile phone, your office number or any other number you have access to.
1300 numbers give you the ability to change answer points, providing you the flexibility to manage incoming calls differently based on multiple factors, including the time of day, the location of staff and whether a number is busy.
1300 numbers have 10 digits (e.g 1300 049 749).
With a 1300 number your customers can contact you from a fixed line anywhere in Australia for a low untimed charge. Calls from mobile phones will be charged to the caller at a rate determined by their mobile phone carrier.
What is the difference between a 1300 number and a 13 number?
There are two main differences between a 1300 and 13 number.
- 1300 numbers have a 10 digits, whereas 13 numbers have four (e.g. 13 11 66).
- 13 numbers have an annual fee which starts at $8,000. This is an annual fee imposed by the Australian government.
What are the different types of 1300 numbers?
There are two types of 1300 numbers, with their key differences being memorability and the type of business from which you can acquire them.
- Smartnumbers® are 1300 or 13 numbers that spell a word or contain a pattern of numbers that makes them easy to remember. These numbers are reserved by the Australian government and come with additional rights of use. You can purchase a custom 1300 number from $250.00
Smartnumbes are acquired via auction through the Smartnumbers website at www.smartnumbers.com.au.
- Generic “Next Available” 1300 Number – This is a random 1300 number which is the next available from the 1300 number pool.
How can a 1300 number benefit my business?
In addition to giving you the ability to change answer points as discussed above, 1300 numbers have multiple benefits for your business:
- 1300 Numbers give your business a professional image.
- They give you a single point of contact Australia Wide.
- No matter where you move, your 1300 number can move with you without the need to change the number.
- They allow you to monitor and measure response to marketing campaigns and improve your return on investment.
- There are no hardware or equipment requirements for getting a 1300 number, as the service answers on your existing phone number.
- Enhance your brand image and give your customers the impression that you are not just a local business.
- A nationally recognised ‘local call’ numbers that can be called from any Australian landline for the cost of a local call.
- 1300 numbers are compatible with a range of services including phone answering services, message and call forwarding services, and cloud-based telephony solutions (Hosted PBX).
If you’d like to speak to us about how a 1300 number can help your business, call our team on 1300 049 749.